1. Swim 200m (8 lengths of pool) any stroke, no time limit. 2. Swim 50m (2 lengths), any backstroke. 3. Hold your breath for 30 sec, with in 5 minutes of the swimming test.
1. Introduction to basic equipment 2. Methods of entry, Jump,Vertical, Silent, Step, etc. 3. One forward and one backward roll. 4. Finning underwater with/without mask 5. Finning, mask and snorkel clearing 6. Snorkel diving 7. Snorkel diving without a mask 8. Fitting equipment underwater.
1. Recovery and fitting of gear under water, incl. clearing mask. 2. Swim 1 length, holding breath and underwater, with fins 3. Swim 1 length, with snorkel but without mask and eyes open, on surface with fins. 4. Forward rolls in snorkel gear underwater. 5. Backward rolls in snorkel gear underwater.
Pool Scuba Training
1. Introduction to Scuba Equipment. Assembly/disassembly and operation 2. Mask and regulator clearing. 3. Methods of entry.6. Use of buoyancy device. 4. Lost mouthpiece retrieval. 5. Practise the "Out of Air" exercise on a one to one basis with an instructor. 6. Air sharing-Buddy breathing. 7. Removing and fitting equipment underwater 8. Rescue techniques: Towing and E.A.R. 10. Practise the S.M.B. deployment exercise. Pool Scuba Test
1. Buddy breathing. 2. Mask removal and replacement. 3. Buoyancy Control 4. Ditch and recovery of gear.
Scuba Theory (30 minute lectures)
1. Introduction to course and CFT. Buoyancy Control Devices (BCD). 2. Diving Equipment. 3. Effects of Pressure. 4. Hand Signals. 5. Burst Lung. 6. The Physics of Diving 7. Hypoxia, Anoxia and Drowning. 8. Gas Laws. 9. Dive Cylinders. 10. Dive Planning. 11. Small Boat Diving. 12. Decompression. 13. Snorkel Techniques 14.Dive Tables 15. Respiration and Circulation 16. Hypothermia 17. C.P.R. 18. Demand Valve (DV) (Regulator) 19. Ears and Sinuses 20. Buoyancy 21. Out-of-Air
Equipment costs mentioned below are estimates. Prices vary widely depending where you shop.
Club Subscription: (2013/2014)
Diving membership cost E75 plus E100 for Boating Cost for the 2013 year. CFT E100
A family membership comprising of two diving members will cost E250 plus E10 for an additional snorkelling member.
A family membership comprising of one diver plus one junior snorkelling member will cost E185. and E10 here after for an additional snorkelling member.
Junior Snorkelling member E30 CFT E5 Senior Snorkelling member E30 CFT E50
New Members Training Fee 1. € goes to CFT. Affiliation, Quarterly Magazine, Insurance etc. 2. Training materials, Handouts, Manuals, Log Book, Tables
Basic Equipment (this is required for pool training) 1. Diving Mask. 2. Diving Fins 3. Snorkel 4. Bootees
Open Water Equipment (this is required for sea training, Jan/Feb) 1. Semi Dry Suit 2. Weight Belt + weights